Wednesday, June 10, 2009

35 year old teenager?

I've been through college, I have a full time work, a husband, a 4 year old son, a mortgage, a life insurance.... and a Hello Kitty toaster.
LAst week flipping channels I saw a congressman arguing that credit cards were targeting children and his 'evidence' was a Hello Kitty credit card... just ike the one I have in my wallet.
My toaster, my credit card, even my kitty checks are evidence of my immaturity. But my immaturity is shared by every other adult out there. Some indulge their childhood passions (mostly under the euphemisms of 'hobby') and others deny themselves of such luxury and compensate in some other way. Credit card companies are evil all right in the sense that they spend billions to blurr lines, create ever shrinking font sizes and complicate language to the point that you wonder what language you were reading in the first place. But if the credit card is destined to teenagers, do Zales jewelers also think that teenagers will drop $200 to $1000 in Hello Kitty diamond jewelry?
But really, why does my father in law spend $50 dollars on a die cast train that's only going to collect dust on a shelf and I can't make a toast with a kitty face? At least the items I buy are needed anyways with or without cat...

No comments:

Post a Comment